Friday, January 19, 2007

Among Other Things

I was going through the archive of my first blog and discovered a few things.
  1. Never have I blogged so much in 2003
  2. I sounded like a whinny brat in 2003
  3. I bitched about work alot, something I don't do much of now
  4. A whinny brat who made a slow transition to become a fangirl
  5. I was more public with my personal going-ons in my earlier blog days
How gross. But there were a few reasons behind some of these points. I did my internship in 2003 and while other people downloaded the lastest version of MSN Messenger to their work computers, a bunch of us set up blogs primarily to complain about our internship situation and to look like we were busy working when we were actually updating our respective blogs. So it was six months of bitching, ranting and raving about bosses, supers and the office brown-noser.

So that was how I discovered weblogs. When I made the transition from whinny brat to fangirl, I was fortunate enough to befriend people from around the world due to shared interests. Two of my best online mates are from Indonesia and Finland, fellow fans of the band, The Strokes. Power of the community, indeed. The Web is where the die-hard fans are at!

Recently, I have been thinking about RSS feed. For the longest time I didn't know what it was and I never got round to finding out. It is on almost all the web pages I like to visit. The only thing I know about it is that you can 'subscribe' to it. What else can you do with it? Oh but good news, we are getting the 411 on RSS feeds in the next lesson.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Yup, you're going to learn more about RSS feeds. Plenty of bloggers aren't even aware of it and how it can help you read hundreds of blogs in one sitting. :)